I am caught right now in that spider's web of contemporary life, the on-hold telephone enquiry... I look at my bank account and see that three companies are helping themselves to our funds because we have never closed this or that or because they can't get it in their heads that we don't want their life insurance anyway!!! ARGGHHH!! Vodaphone, Optus, St George Bank... curse you! (actually spoke to a very nice man called Tristan at St George) I wonder what it must be like to work on the other end of the phone, given that NO-ONE is happy with these institutions...
5 comments:
mpj, what on earth is the attraction with these blog sites? why should i be interested in your chit chat with tristian? help me understand this pm kulture?
AFB, blogs are rather like cricket - you either get it or you dont...
I understand that Cricket was invented by a Pommy, because, not being very religious, it gives them some concept of Eternity.
[I once particpated in a game of cricket for what seemed like several hours, until my wife turned up and I quietly escaped.]
It's like a diary I guess: stream of consciousness and all that. Sometimes its banal, sometimes less banal (hopefully profound?)
It is the Being John Malkovich phenomenon... the crazy ride of mpj's head!
Post a Comment