Canterbury Cathedral. So far we have visited Worcester, Gloucester, Oxford, Coventry, St Albans, St Paul's London, York, Salisbury and Canterbury.
Tomorrow I fly up to Aberdeen to attend ‘Deus Habet Consilium’ An International Conference on the Career & Prospects of Providence in Modern Theology.
See the conference programme here. I am especially looking forward to Alister McGrath, John Webster, Andrew MacGowan and David Bentley Hart.
My dream is to blog as I go, but I am not sure what internet facilities will be available. So perhaps a full report on Thursday.
1 comment:
Hi Michael,
How have you found the Cathedral architecture in the UK? My abiding emotion that I recall from visiting English Cathedrals was that of profound alienation. Even though I'd grown up in a Diocese where previous generations had been quite Anglo-Catholic, I found not being able to see from one end of the building to the other disturbing. And Westminster Abbey seemed (from my very quick visit) to be more a temple to the British nation, rather than a building to draw you to Christ.
Post a Comment