Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Notes on Humility VIII

Ok, this IS possibly a bit weird: posting a link to the audio of my sermon on humility but there you go.

On the way in to church to preach this sermon my dear spouse raised the possibility, ever so gently, that blogging was actually an exercise in wanting to be noticed: i.e., not exactly humble.

Great time to tell me!

12 comments:

Paul said...

I think you should emulate those of us who only comment... its so much more humble. Did you explain Kathryn that you've removed the gizmo that gave a daily read out of your ranking in the most popular theoolgical blogs. Removed it!

michael jensen said...

Yeah, but only when my numbers fell...!

Anonymous said...

Hey, God has granted you a very wise wife- you are truly blessed!:)

Anonymous said...

A note of encouragement (so was the comment on your being blessed with a wise wife )- it is kind of nice that you are able to put your thinking out there too in blog land!! Blogging is very you!! I am sure you would be missed if you were to stop:)

Christopher said...

I think she is right to an extent - more so about those narcissists on facebook and myspace, rather than the humble blogger.

Rory Shiner said...

Well said Chris! Makes me proud to be a blogger.

Paul said...

I refuse to believe anyone views the results of their efforts on MySpace and feels anything but humiliated.

Ali said...

Or it could be an exercise in wanting to be "known" (as in that fundamental part of being human that wants to know, and be known by, others etc), which is not all bad ...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your sermon Michael. It was simply the bestest bestest bestest sermon ever.

michael jensen said...

I know...

oh - oops!

Anonymous said...

I did forget to mention, however, that it was not as good as my sermon on humility which deserves at least 4 bestests. :-)

Anonymous said...

I appreciated your passing thoughts about our cultural lenses through which we play these wee humility games. So true.