Friday, August 18, 2006

www.youbook.blogspot.com

I need your help. I am planning to write a book (I hate saying that). The book is entitled YOU, and it is about being a human being but put theologically, or christianly. It is aimed at the 'popular' end of things, so it is meant to be easy to read but provocative as well. I want my readers to be challenged about who they are and what their lives are on about. And ultimately to commend Christ as the concrete example of human life well lived. Without it being a brainstrain to read...


Anyhow, this is the plan - a bit of an experiment that mightn't work at all. I am going to publish parts of chapters at www.youbook.blogspot.com and then open it to your input and comments. Don't just sit there! Chip in your 2 cents worth! The caveat is that in doing so you assign your comments over to me to shape and use in creating a readable discussion for the purposes of the book. (I will observe every courtesy in doing so.)

And also, it is meant to be a book open to a broad readership: so you could invite people you know would disagree with it to drop by and comment. That'd be grand.

(do it NOW!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Greg Anderson says:

Sorry, Michael; I'm not signing up for Blogger just so I can post about the book on the other site, so I'll do it here instead.

Obviously writers match their words for their market; but if I opened a book that started off talking about how WE all watch Big Brother, I wouldn't get past the first page, probably not even the first par. Many of my friends, and I, wouldn't see them/ourselves in many of the WE statements that you make. But I guess I'm outnumbered, and your market is bigger than me and my friends.

I hope you and your readers are praying for the Melbourne Archbishop election that begins tonight. I remember a retired bishop praying prior to a fairly famous Sydney election that God would 'visit us in mercy not judgment'.

Anonymous said...

Could you work in a mad albino (evangelical, from Sydney of course - perhaps a youth worker) and some mysterious bit about cracking ingenious codes guarded by the Girls Friendly Society. Or even better, there's this emotionally scarred boy who starts going to Moore's College of Wizarding and Magik... OK, I'm actually going to have to do my password retrieval and poke around...

(P Knight)

michael jensen said...

Paul. YOu made me smile. even guffaw...