Thursday, February 01, 2007

'YOU': You oughta talk...

'YOU': You oughta talk...

New series on Words begins today!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Now, as the probable lack of comments for this post may give a little privacy...

One of my first tasks as a Howie this year is to read the history of the EU compiled by Meredith Lake.

And it is from this book that I have discovered I owe you a debt of gratitude for my dream job!

A very bright idea Michael, and I'm enjoying the benefits extremely :-)

michael jensen said...

well, thankyou! It was Katay who put it all together of course...

byron smith said...

Ah, but who sent the first note in that infamous Greek class?

michael jensen said...

um...

That was in 1980s!

Before the Berlin wall came down....

Unknown said...

goodness me, not long after I was born then!

Ah well, as you were treasurer at the time (I believe) then I'm sure you were the brains behind the fundraising scheme... wait a minute! Should I be thanking you for that??!!!

(and shouldn't you have been paying attention in Greek??!!)

michael jensen said...

No, the fundraising scheme as it is now has NOTHING to do with me...

As treasurer, I was responsible for a %400 increase in giving, and a black hole in the books that is still being investigated by an army of accountants.

Not being able to add was a marvellous benefit.

Unknown said...

Aha! So that was you!!

michael jensen said...

I think proof that you should never make an accountant or a banker or a lawyer your treasurer. If no English student is available, then find a business man.