Monday, July 25, 2005

blog begins

well here goes:

Today I have been reading Frei's The Identity of Jesus Christ in preparating for moving to Oxford University on 12th Sept to start my DPhil. It's pretty interesting:

I want to think about how/whether Jesus is a paradigm for humanity. Perhaps that means "how people have seen him as this". I have a hunch that the Garden of Gethsemane is going to be a key facet of my thinking somehow...

2 comments:

michael jensen said...

I just wanted to see how a comment worked: MPJ

David McKay said...

Hi Michael.
I reckon Frei is a fraud. I had to read a little book of his for one of Rob Doyle's courses, and had to read it 3 times to get through the silly language barrier.

I eventually concluded that he didn't have anything particularly enlightening to say; just a very poor way of expressing it!

Best wishes in your studies.