Friday, May 04, 2007

Peter Jensen: Protestant, Reformed, Evangelical

A series recently given by the Archbishop of Sydney to a lay audience:



Why_I_am_Protestant

Why_I_am_Reformed

Why_I_am_Evangelical

2 comments:

Murray said...

Is that the end of the series?

It would be fascinating to hear him speak on "Why I am Anglican", where he explained why he is an Anglican protestant, reformed, evanglical - rather than a Baptist or Presbyterian one.

Bruce Yabsley said...

Thanks for the link Michael: I would have missed these otherwise.

Just having listened to the first of the talks: murray, PFJ very properly stated that if he took the time for a fourth talk it would be "Why I am a catholic".

It would be interesting to find out to what extent that fourth talk would have covered your question, and to what extent a fifth talk on being an Anglican would be needed. Or whether such a talk would really be considered appropriate alongside the other three/four. My guess is: not quite, and better treated stand-alone.